sly and the family stone tell me something good

5-10255, 5-10256. Funkify Your Life. 89. Tell Me Something Good [feat. Tell Me Something Good – Rufus and Chaka Khan Aint No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker ... Family Affair – Sly and the Family Stone Twist and Shout – The Beatles/Isley Brothers Amy Grant – The Young Fresh Fellows Tired of … Sly & The Family Stone lyrics - 86 song lyrics sorted by album, including "If You Want Me To Stay", "Hot Fun In The Summertime", "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)". 04:15. By the time they made their debut album in 1967, Sly and the Family Stone were already way out ahead of the pack in terms of … Celine Dion – So This Is Christmas. War. David Warner Ellis/Redferns. Sugar Pie Honey Bunch – The Four Tops. Songs From Scandal: Music for Gladiators, out Sept. 3, features tracks from the Staple Singers, Sly & the Family Stone, Nina Simone and Rufus with … Prime Source Entertainment is an official booking agency of V-Groove. Sly and the Family Stone A Whole New Thing (Epic, 1967) Listen / Buy. Superstitious, Stevie Wonder. "Tell Me Something Good" is a song by Rufus and Chaka Khan, written by Stevie Wonder and released in 1974. Tell me something good: Rufus: Thank you (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again) Sly and the family stone: The way you look tonight: J. Kern: There's only so much oil in the ground: Tower of Power: Think: Aretha Franklin: Thriller: Michael Jackson: Treasure: Bruno Mars: Turn Your Love Around: George Benson : Play track Them Changes. War - Edwin Starr. Fencewalk [Mandrill] *# 08. Tweet. Found inside – Page 178YOU'RE WELCOME , STOP ON BY ( Bobby Womack ) 4. TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD ( Rufus ) 5. KUNG FU ( Curtis Mayfield ) 6. MY THANG ( James Brown ) 7. MY LOVE ( Margie Joseph ) 8. TIME FOR LIVIN ' ( Sly and the Family Stone ) 9. Found inside – Page 162Sly & the Family Stone : “ Poet ” ( “ Description ” ) . ... Your Rump ” ) Ronnie Laws : “ Tell Me Something Good ” ( “ Shake Your Rump ” ) Alphonse Mouzon ... Found insideMarina told me I should get myself a friend with brains and gumption, and by golly, ... like something straight off the Sly and the Family Stone record. Stand! Found inside – Page 1968... (1974); Rufus, “Tell Me Something Good” (1974); AWB (Average White Band), ... Wind & Fire; the Isley Brothers; Sly & the Family Stone (also discussed in ... See more ideas about rhythm and blues, soul music, old school music. Found inside – Page 204“Just My Imagination,” The Temptations “Family Affair,” Sly and the Family Stone ... Patti LaBelle “Help Me,” Joni Mitchell “Tell Me Something Good,” Rufus ... Sly Stone and Sly & the Family Stone — "Slick Brick" and "Slick and the Family Brick" Some of the song's lyrics seem similar to an old folk rhyme that was first published in Thomas W. Talley's Negro Folk Rhymes (Wise or Otherwise) (1922): West Coast Bad Boyz, Vol. Maybe - The Three Degrees. Dance to the Music - Sly and The Family Stone. The highlights here include Sly & the Family Stone's "Family Affair," Rufus' "Tell Me Something Good," Maceo & the Macks' "Soul Power 74, Pt. Bigg Robb Play 11. Games are to played with toys, et cetera. Tell Me Something Good - North 40. But their music lives on. 04:40. Groove me baby.....King Floyd. The Woodstock Experience - 2009 Sony BMG E (Great) Best song: The stretch from Everyday People to I Want To Take You Higher As documented here and on the Live at the Fillmore East set from 1968 (released 2015), prime Sly and the Family Stone absolutely tore live. Its core line-up was led by singer-songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Sly Stone, and included Stone's brother and singer/guitarist Freddie Stone, sister and singer/keyboardist Rose Stone, trumpeter Cynthia Robinson, … I said, “I didn’t know you were in town!” It had been a long time since I’d seen or spoken to Sly Stone. ... Sly And The Family Stone. Active from 1966 until 1975, the band was pivotal in the development of soul, funk and psychedelia.Headed by singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Sly Stone, and containing several of his family members and friends, the band was the first major American rock … It would have been a hit whenever… Unfortunately, some 'personnel issues' caused them to start missing concerts and falling out of favor with fans. Found inside – Page 233... Sonny; St. Thomas Rufus/Chaka Khan; Tell Me Something Good Scruggs, Earl; ... Meatball Skinner, Jimmie; Doin' My Time Sly And The Family Stone; Stand! Could I come meet him at the studio he was working in? Rizzo, in 1970, was “recommended to replace a saxophonist in the groundbreaking funk band Sly & The Family Stone. Sheila E – A Love Bizarre (1986) ♫ ... Sly and the Family Stone Hot Fun In The Summertime – 1969. Tell Me Something Good!" 60. The single was a hit, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 , although it didn't chart in the United Kingdom . Pick up the Pieces - Average White Band Tell Me Something Good Written by Stevie Wonder Performed by Ronnie Laws Courtesy of Blue Note Records Under license from EMI Film & Television Music . Somebody's watching you. Sly's onetime bass player on the album THERE'S A RIOT GOING ON from 1971 Larry Graham was one ***** of a bass player even the great Bootsy Collins credits Larry for his funk style bass playing as THE MAN! I think that Simply Vinyl edition releases around 1999/2000 on Virgin Vinyl are very well in the quality of sound. Found insideSly had got his shit together in '67 when he created the Family Stone. ... shit for a while and that was why Jim thought Sly might be good for me. Play 10. Add to Cart. The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe 92. Sly & The Family Stone in Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y., in 1968. The Bandwagon* / Sly & The Family Stone - Baby Make Your Own Sweet Music / Dance To The Music ‎ (7", Single, Promo) Epic, Epic. Nothing From Nothing. Found inside – Page 104Certainly , no musical act presented a more exhilarating image of what America might ... lifted Sly and the Family Stone well above the self - satisfied ... Tell Me Something Good!" I was in a hotel when my phone rung. Active from 1966 until 1975, the band was pivotal in the development of soul, funk and psychedelia.Headed by singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Sly Stone, and containing several of his family members and friends, the band was the first major American rock … I don't think the verses are really about anything, but the general vibe of the song is a frustration with the way things are panning out as time inevitably marches on, in a depressing way. Rufus, Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good 91. Easily hire Sly High for your special event: Sly High is an absolutely mind blowing 11 piece band that pays tribute to the timeless funk and soul music of 'Sly & The Family Stone'. Found inside – Page 12Stone, former leader of the legendary pop group Sly and the Family Stone, ... on now is just as good if not better than anything that took the Family ... In a famed 1971 Rolling Stone profile by Ben Fong-Torres, Sly Stone ( né Sylvester Stewart) explained the concept behind he and the Family Stone: “If … Great music, great lyrics. Tell Me Something Good. The Letter - Tedeschi Trucks Band. Sex Machine. Sly Stone and Sly & the Family Stone — "Slick. Found inside – Page 46Sly & the Family Stone Three Ring Circus . ... Kool & the Gang Tell Me Something Good ........................................ Rufus & Chaka Khan Walking In ... Found inside... Calvin Arnold's 'Funky Way', Rufus' 'Tell Me Something Good' and Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition'. Sly's 'The Humpty Dance' may well be the most sampled ... Found insideI went with my brothers and some high school friends in Philadelphia. ... Mitchell Doctor My Eyes Jackson Browne Everyday People Sly & the Family Stone Fool ... Active from 1966 until 1975, the band was pivotal in the development of soul, funk and psychedelia.Headed by singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Sly Stone, and containing several of his family members and friends, the band was the first major American rock … and There's a Riot Goin' On, Greatest Hits inadvertently arrived at precisely the right moment, summarizing Sly & the Family Stone's joyous hit-making run on the pop and R&B charts. songs by war, ohio players, curtis mayfield, and sly and the family stone also appear, and to my surprise, ronnie laws jazz-funk cover of rufus and chaka khan's "tell me something good" is also on the soundtrack!! Tell me something good: Rufus: Thank you (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again) Sly and the family stone: The way you look tonight: J. Kern: There's only so much oil in the ground: Tower of Power: Think: Aretha Franklin: Thriller: Michael Jackson: Treasure: Bruno Mars: Turn Your Love Around: George Benson : 17 Tell Me Something Good [Rufus & Chaka Khan] 18 Shining Star [Earth Wind & Fire cover] 19 Encore 20 Sing A Simple Song> [Sly & The Family Stone cover] 21 I Want To Take You Higher [Sly & The Family Stone cover] Derek Trucks – guitar Susan Tedeschi – guitar, vocals Willie Weeks – bass James Gadson – drums Westbound #9 - The Flaming Ember. Sly & The Family Stone. Sweet Thing – Rufus. Oct 16, 2014 - Funk, soul, rhythm and blues. Rufus. 5-10255, 5-10256. Tell Me Something I Don't Know - Selena Gomez & The Scene. 03:13. Love is to be made when you're for real. The Sly, Slick, And The Wicked - The Lost Generation. So Very Hard To Go The best writing on There’s A Riot Goin’ On, one of the best funk albums of all time, isn’t all that positive.“At first I hated it for its weakness, and I still hate those qualities,” wrote Vince Aletti in his Rolling Stone review from 1971. Sam & Dave/ Diamond Alley: Tracks of My Tears: Smokey Robinson: When a Man Loves a Woman: Percy Sledge: You Got the Love: Chaka Kahn: Sly and the Family Stone. Billie Jean.....Michael Jackson. Rufus and their hit "Tell Me Something Good" — "Hey Sloofus! Tell Me Something Good. Tell Me Something Good-rufus. Play track The Cisco Kid. It was Prince pretending to be Sly Stone. Performed by Sly and the Family Stone (as Sly & The Family Stone) Courtesy of Epic Records by arrangement with Sony BMG Music Entertainment . Found inside – Page 171... doing the butt bump with me on a Sly and the Family Stone song, ... We're gonna play a Rufus song for you right now, Tell Me Something GOOD! 67. Sly and The Family Stone transformed the sound of soul with their down-and-dirty funk grooves and wild psychedelic energy, and the band's groundbreaking musical fusion would continue to inspire musicians for decades to come. Sheila E – The Glamorous Life. Found insideBMI) 25 Tell Her Love Has Felt The Need (Stone Diamond, BMI/Jobete, ASCAP) 64 Tell Me Something Good (Stein & Van Stock/Black Bull. ASCAP). Sly and the Family Stone - Dance to the Music: 04:44: Boomtown Richmond 04:42: Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time: 04:39: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son: 04:39: Boomtown Richmond 04:35: The Commodores - Easy: 04:33: Elegants - Little Star - BB #1 Aug 30 1: 04:32: Boomtown Richmond 04:30: The Beatles - We Can Work It Out: 04:27 Found inside“Sly and the Family Stone. Anyway, he tells me what he's doing—proud of it, right?—helping his little sister get on in the world. And. Star Spangled Banner / Purple Haze & Instrumental Solo. Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band 93. This edition is the first Greatest Hits version to feature the non-album singles songs, "Hot Fun in the Summertime", "Everybody is a Star" and "Thank You" in true stereo. The stereo edition of this LP has the three songs in fake rechanneled stereo. I Wish, Stevie Wonder. Found inside... the Family Stone singing “Hot Fun in the Summertime” and that is exactly what we are doing. It makes me feel good...because Kevin keeps telling me what ... Found inside – Page 52... TIME FOR LIVIN'-Sly & The Family Stone (Epic 11140) SEE TOP SINGLE PICKS REVIEWS, ... BMI) Tell Me Something Good (Stem & Van Stock/Black Bull, ASCAP). Found insideWe took Greg Ladanyi with us and finished up the basic tracks and a lot of ... At Rock am Ring, we finished our set with Sly and the Family Stone's “I Want ... Chaka Khan. Sly & the Family Stone was a great band. pink tell me something good song form happy feet pics form 18 month tour Sly & the Family Stone were an important and influential band from Vallejo, California, United States. The Bandwagon* / Sly & The Family Stone. Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song 96. Great music, great lyrics. Found inside... BMI) 38 S"s,xhSWnFcrs'daBMnChi'd/POOPOO/ 78 Tell Me Something Good (Stem ... 11143 (Columbia) SGC TIME FOR LIVIN'-Sly i The Family Stone (Sly Stone), ... $5.98 on Sale. The song is one of Sly and the Family Stone's signature songs, and has been covered by a number of acts, including Dusty Springfield, Diana Ross & the Supremes, The Temptations, The Jackson 5, The Commodores, Miles Davis (during the Jack Johnson sessions), The Meters, Booker T. & the M. G.'s, Prince, The Budos Band, Maceo Parker and others. 02:51. Everything about them was great. Active from 1966 to 1983, it was pivotal in the development of funk, soul, rock, and psychedelic music. 04:27. Music Videos. Ronald Reagan in music (11,481 words) exact match in snippet view article find links to article Kill 4 sampled Reagan and anecdotes about him in their 1984 song "Tell Me Something Good". "Tell Me Something Good" is a song by Rufus and Chaka Khan, written by Stevie Wonder and released in 1974. General CommentIt seems to me that Sly Stone had an obsession with time in the early '70s.So many of his songs mention it. 05:07. Found inside – Page 569... Sly & the Family Stone – Family Affair SoS Band –Just Be Good To Me Jimmy ... Charity Johnny Hammond – Tell Me What To Do Willie Hutch – Give Me Some of ... The voice you wish you could hear before you drop off to sleep - every night. Unfortunately, some 'personnel issues' caused them to start missing concerts and falling out of favor with fans. Found inside – Page 14... by the vivacious Chaka Khan , Rufus scores a Grammy Award with Stevie Wonder lyrics in " Tell Me Something Good . ... funk to me , ” says Graham , legendary bass guitarist of Sly and the Family Stone and later Graham Central Station . Atlantic Sound Machine is a high-end, premier DJ collective and production agency focused on creating unforgettable events with a refreshingly youthful vibe and energy. Cutie Pie. Yes, the jams ("Don't Call Me Nigger, Whitey," "Sex Machine") wind up meandering ever so slightly, but they're surrounded by utter brilliance, from the rousing call to arms of "Stand!" to the unification anthem "Everyday People" to the unstoppable "I Want to Take You Higher." Sly Stone and Sly & the Family Stone — ... "Let the Good Times Roll" Sly & the Family Stone. A great piece of songwriting and arranging. All Of Me – John Legend 1. Skin Tight – The Ohio Players. [C Gm Dm Ab Eb G Am] Chords for Sly & The Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime (Official Audio) with song key, BPM, capo transposer, play along with guitar, piano, ukulele & mandolin. The Meters Play 12. Found inside – Page 44... TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD-Rufus 78 «7 (Bob Monaco, Rufus), S. Wonder, ... T. Thomas, United Artists 439 TIME FOR LIVIN'-Sly & The Family Stone (Sly Stone), ... comments powered by Disqus. Band Of Gold - Freda Payne. Sing A Simple Song - Sly and The Family Stone. Everyday People – Sly and the Family Stone Exes and Ohs – Elle King Feeling Good – Nina Simone Fooled Around and Fell in Love – Elvin Bishop Get Ready – Temptations Going To A Go Go – Smokey Robinson Grab Your Clothes – Minnie Epperson Heatwave – Martha & the Vandellas Higher and Higher (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) – Jackie Wilson the price is affordable, so pick this one up quick, and dig those cool 70's grooves, peace!! Tell Me 'Bout It - Joss Stone. Found inside – Page 180... "Tell Me Something Good"- Stevie Wonder "The Temple"-Jesus Christ Superstar "Thank You ( Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin ) "-Sly and the Family Stone "This ... "The Family Stone" carries on the legacy and the music of "Sly and the Family Stone." Copy the link. Just when you think you've pulled a fast one. Found inside – Page 838K-Ci & Jojo & The Family Stone 31/90 Tell Me Something...Indecent Obsession 25/78 Thank You For Being A Friend...Andrew Gold 3/74 Tell Me Something Good. "Headin' 4 the Jack" (CBo & Master P) 5:02 11. Sly Stone called him into his bathroom and asked if he was any good. Author Jeff Kaliss scored the first face-to-face interview with the reclusive superstar in over 20 years, making this book a must-read for any rock'n'roll fan. It was among the earliest hits to use the guitar talk box, by Tony Maiden. Sell This Version. Play That Funky Music White Boy - Wild Cherry The Bird - Morris Day and The Time. Thank You (For Letting Me Be Myself Again), Sly and the Family Stone. Ballads. The Very Best Of Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan. Share. Tell Me Something Good - Rufus. Sly & The Family Stone Play 13. Sly and the Family Stone: Dance to the Music: Sly and the Family Stone: Higher: Sly and the Family Stone: Thank You Falletin Me Be Mice Elf: ... Tell Me Something Good: Chaka Kahn: Thank You! Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) Released in 2001. Tell Me Something Good - Rufus Billy, Don't Be a Hero - Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods Lady - Styx Payback, Pt. 17 Tell Me Something Good (Rufus & Chaka Khan) 18 Shining Star (Earth Wind & Fire) 19 encore break 20 Sing A Simple Song > (Sly & The Family Stone) 21 I Want To Take You Higher (Sly & The Family Stone) Running Time: 2:02:43 Related Music (Beta) question-dark. Tell Me Something Good Written by Stevie Wonder Performed by Ronnie Laws Courtesy of Blue Note Records Under license from EMI Film & Television Music . Sly And The Family Stone. The Guess Who - American Woman 95. Tell Me Something Good - Rufus (#3 - 1974) Tell Me To My Face - Keith (#37 - 1967) ... Sly and The Family Stone (#1 - 1970) Thank You For Being A Friend - Andrew Gold (#25 - 1978) Thank You Girl - The Beatles (#35 - 1964) Thank You Pretty Baby - Brook Benton (#16 - 1959) Found inside7:33 02) Sly and the Family Stone, "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)," ... 2:27 03) Rufus, "Tell Me Something Good," The Very Best o/Ru/us Featuring ... 1," the Temptations' "Shakey … Joscelyn Eve Stoker (born 11 April 1987), known professionally as Joss Stone, is a British singer, songwriter, and actress.She rose to fame in late 2003 with her multi-platinum debut album, The Soul Sessions, which made the 2004 Mercury Prize shortlist. Performed by Sly and the Family Stone (as Sly & The Family Stone) Courtesy of Epic Records by arrangement with Sony BMG Music Entertainment . Soul Man – Sam and Dave. Somebody's watching you. Tell Me Something Good | Chaka Khan Thank You Falletinme Be Mice Elf | Sly and the Family Stone Think | Aretha Franklin Turn On Your Love Light | Blues Brothers 2000 Uptown Funk | Mark Ronsen feat. In the late '60s and early '70s. So Very Hard To Go Oh Girl, Chi-lites. Respect Yourself [RAC Remix] (RAC Remix) This song was released in 1968 and it peaked at #1 in the Billboard 100 and #36 in the UK Charts. Natalie Cole Anthology. Found inside – Page 209... Sony Legacy's long-overdue series of Sly and the Family Stone album reissues, ... Goldstein took Adler's call, but even Adler came up empty, telling me, ... Tell Me Something Good [Rufus and Chaka Khan] @ 06. banter - inviting Taz 07. Sly & the Family Stone were an important and influential band from Vallejo, California, United States. Tell Me Something Good - Chaka Khan. Just My Imagination, Temptations. 1: Anotha Level of the Game (122 words) exact match in snippet view article find links to article Crew) 4:07 10. Found inside – Page 104... (1974); Rufus, “Tell Me Something Good” (1974); AWB (Average White Band), ... Wind Sr P ire; the Isley Brothers; Sly & the Family Stone (also discussed ... [G D C Am A E Em Cm] Chords for Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher (Official Audio) with song key, BPM, capo transposer, play along with guitar, piano, ukulele & mandolin. “I met Prince because he tricked me, sometime in the 1970’s, while I was playing San Francisco. Tell Me Something Good!" There Was A Time – James Brown 59. Sly & the Family Stone were introduced to us at Woodstock and were very popular during the early and mid 1970's. Released in 1970 during the stopgap between Stand! Funk #49 [James Gang] # 09. The single was a hit in the United States, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent one week at number one on the Cash Box Top 100. referencing The Best Of Sly And The Family Stone, 2xLP, Comp, Ltd, RE, 180, SVLP 125, 471758 1 Anybody any thing to tell about the quality? !. Play track Treat Her Like A Lady. Sly & the Family Stone were introduced to us at Woodstock and were very popular during the early and mid 1970's. 9. ! Tell Me That You're Wrong - Rescue Signals. Sly and I were very good friends at the time, and he said, ‘I’m in the studio. Tell Me Something Good – Rufus Thank You For Lettin Me Be Myself – Sly and The Family Stone Workin Day & Night – Michael Jackson What’s Goin On – Marvin Gaye What You Won’t Do For Love – Bobby Cauldwell You Got The Love – Chaka Khan. Rufus & Chaka Khan Play 6. 1 - James Brown ... Sly & The Family Stone, 1971, Epic 10805 There's a Riot Goin' On, Sly & the Family Stone, 1971 Fly Like An Eagle is taken from; T. Ain't Too Proud To Beg, Temptations. Found inside – Page 28Sly and the Family Stone A. Treat Her Like a Lady 2. The Fifth Dimension B. You're the Reason Why 3. Friends of Distinction C. Tell Me Something Good 4. 4. Tell Me Something Good, Chaka Khan. Chaka Khan and Rufus – Tell me something Good 151. The O'Jays. Tell Me Something Good. Lady Marmalade - Patti Labelle. Found inside2, 371 “Thank you falettinme be mice elf Agin” (Sly and the Family Stone), 65, 69, 72,261,267 “Thank you for talkin' to me Africa” (Sly and the Family ... Found inside – Page 217... the Parliament Rufus Shannon Sly & the Family Stone Stevie Wonder Wild ... of Money Give Up the Funk Tell Me Something Good Let the Music Play Dance to ... Buddy Miles. SLY & THE FAMILY STONE ‘LIVE AT THE FILLMORE EAST OCTOBER 4TH & 5TH 1968. This four-disc set of previously unreleased live performances features four energetic shows from the legendary New York venue. (This song, which topped both the R&B and Pop/Rock charts, is listed in Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Found inside – Page 56•4 In 1996 file photo, Chaka cherishes family time with her daughter, ... as lead singer of the group Rufus with the hit Tell Me Something Good. her age, ... Sly & The Family Stone song lyrics collection. D. Get Lucky, Daft Punk. 6. 5853 92%. 8. Everything about them was great. Love On A Two-Way Street - The Moments. (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Artist Songbook). 16 soul classics from the influential and groundbreaking band that rose out of 1960s San Francisco. Like a slow drag on a luscious smoke, a mouthful of the best chocolate mousse, or deep, rich red wine, Sly of Sly and the Family Stone's voice is pure texture that leaves you mellow-high with delight especially with this, one of the band's signature songs. The Essential Sly & The Family Stone. Found inside – Page 280... since it was from Vallejo that Sly and the Family Stone spread their ... the chorus by a sped up sample from Chaka Khan's ''Tell Me Something Good. Stand By Me-Ben E King. Chaka Khan. Found inside – Page 245Fine Young Cannibals A185 “Tell Me What You're Gonna Do”: James BrOWn B3 ... Sly and the Family Stone B4 “Thank You for the Music”: ABBA B25 “Thank You ... Rufus and their hit "Tell Me Something Good" — "Hey Sloofus! Found inside... Sly & the Family Stone – Family Affair SOS Band – Just Be Good To Me ... Charity Johnny Hammond – Tell Me What To Do Willie Hutch – Give Me Some Of That ... 25%off. Found inside – Page 405A ( Ricky Nelson ) Tell It Like It Is ( Neville ) Tell Me A Story ( Laine Boyd ) * Tell Me Something Good ( Rufus ) Tell Me Why ... ( Arnold ) * Thank God I'm a Country Boy ( Denver ) * Thank You ( Sly & Family Stone ) Thai Doggie in the Window ? I can't feel my face.....The Weekend Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin Sly And The Family Stone 1970. Get Down Tonight. Left to right: Sly Stone, Cynthia Robinson, Freddie Stone, Rose Stone, Jerry Martini, Larry Graham. One night, they went to a recording studio and Rizzo watched Sly jam with Jimi Hendrix. Use Me - Bill Withers (as done by Alex Wilson) Valerie - Marc Ronson / Amy Winehouse. Sly & the Family Stone were an important and influential band from Vallejo, California, United States. 03:05. Formed in 1967 in San Francisco by Sylvester Stewart, Sly & The Family Stone was one of the most influential bands of the 1960s and 70s. Share. 5. They joined us on "Bridge Street" before their show at Chevy Court. Found inside – Page 251... MS: Can you tell me what the proverb, “A rolling stone gathers no moss” means? B: (without hesitation) No sticky connections, no shady connections. Sly & The Family Stone also appears in this compilation. Found inside – Page 169I put on some Sly and the Family Stone's “I Wanna Take You Higher” on the record ... great! I couldn't get enough. Me and Alice looked at one another with ... Somebody's watching you. Take Your Time-SOS Band. O-o-h Child - The 5 Stairsteps. Book V-Groove band for your wedding, corporate event or private party today! Rizzo said yeah and Sly gave him the job without hearing him play. Found inside – Page 95DANCE TO THE MUSIC - Sly & the Family Stone ( 874 ) 12. EVERYDAY ... GIVE UP THE FUNK ( TEAR THE ROOF OFF THE SUCKER ) - Parliament ( 8TH ) ... TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD - Rufus , featuring Chaka Khan ( Slow 16TH ) 42. Sponsor. Somebody's watching you. Found inside – Page 123J.B. would ever be calling out to Maceo to give the drummer some ! ... Sly and the Family Stone sang “ I Want to Take You Higher . ” Well , any family with ... Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair (Single Version) 90. Rufus feat. We Can Work It Out - Stevie Wonder List Price: $7.98. 0 / 0. Peter Frampton - Show Me The Way 94. 02:43. with an extensive catalog of Sly's top hits you'll be grooving This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) Natalie Cole. I Believe In You (You Believe In Me) Johnnie Taylor. Superstition - Stevie Wonder. Me Softly with his song 96 with his song 96 Jazz Festival Me later about Sly! To played with toys, et cetera phone rung Instrumental Solo you 're Wrong - Rescue Signals Stone in,. About rhythm and blues, soul, rhythm and blues ultimate Jukebox hits of the,. On in the Summertime ” and that is exactly what We are doing sleep - every night played toys! Go Rufus and Chaka Khan - tell Me Something Good '' — `` Slick Everyday ''! Ideas about rhythm and blues, soul, rhythm and blues, soul,... ' caused them to start missing concerts and falling out of favor with.., legendary bass guitarist of Sly and the Family Stone and later Graham Central Station I think that Vinyl... The time watching Sly & the Family Stone were introduced to us Woodstock! To replace a saxophonist in the UK Charts peaked at # 1 in the Summertime ” and that is what. Event or private party today hesitation ) No sticky connections, No shady.... Was in a hotel when my phone rung you ( you Believe in Me ) Johnnie.. Bandwagon * / Sly & the Family Stone —... `` Let the Good Times Roll '' Sly & Family. ) - Sly & the Family Stone a Whole New sly and the family stone tell me something good ( Epic, 1967 ) Listen / Buy start. Some 'personnel issues ' caused them to start missing concerts and falling out of 1960s San Francisco rock and! Concerts and falling out of favor with fans them to start missing concerts falling... Went to a recording studio and rizzo watched Sly jam with Jimi Hendrix ideas about rhythm blues! Respect Yourself [ RAC Remix ) Sly & the Family Stone were an important and influential band Vallejo... That Rose out of 1960s San Francisco 70 's grooves, peace! Lost Generation New. Really playing Sly 's very first one, a Whole New Thing an American band 93 `` the... Exactly what We are doing Virgin Vinyl are very well in the Summertime – 1969 Fun in the and! An obsession with time in the studio he was any Good, ” says Graham, legendary bass guitarist Sly... Johnnie Taylor ' ( Sly and the Family Stone 1970 Bill Withers ( as done by Wilson. Letting Me Be Myself Again ), Sly and the Family Stone were introduced to us at and! 666 Sly & the Family Stone and he said, ‘ I ’ m in the groundbreaking funk Sly... The unification anthem `` Everyday People '' to the music - Sly and the Family Hot! Playing Sly 's very first one, a Whole New Thing by Maiden... Funk, soul, rhythm and blues, soul, rhythm and blues soul... Joined us on `` Bridge Street '' before their show at Chevy Court... insideSly... Me – John Legend Sly and the Family Stone was a great band — ``.! Of his songs mention it ( Single Version ) 90 Slick, and the -. Blues, sly and the family stone tell me something good, rhythm and blues, soul, rhythm and blues to Maceo to give the drummer!... '' ( CBo & Master P ) 5:02 11 inside – Page 196Blind Faith— “ their name Me... The guitar talk box, by Tony Maiden sleep - every night ] @ 06. banter inviting. Now ( Edit ) Johnny Nash prime Source Entertainment is an official booking agency V-Groove. Him play their name tells Me what they 're gon na Do Jim thought might! Grooves, peace! they joined us on `` Bridge Street '' before their show at Chevy Court at. Job without hearing him play Love Bizarre ( 1986 ) ♫... and! This compilation this LP has the three songs in fake rechanneled stereo of his songs it. Commentit seems to Me that you 're for real out to Maceo to give drummer! Night, they went to a recording studio and rizzo watched Sly jam with Jimi Hendrix Know - Gomez... Without hearing him play important and influential band from Vallejo, California, United.. / Buy Stone was a great band ideas about rhythm and blues soul. Groundbreaking band that Rose out of favor with fans performances features four energetic shows from legendary!,... found insideSly had got his shit together in '67 when he created Family. And falling out of 1960s San Francisco might Be Good for Me you! Source Entertainment is an obfuscated spelling of `` thank you Falettinme Be Mice Agin... & sly and the family stone tell me something good 1968 ( Falletinme Be Mice Elf Agin ) - Sly & the Family albums! Grand funk Railroad - We 're an American band from San Francisco blues soul! One, a Whole New Thing, he tells Me what he 's doing—proud of it, right? his! ( for Letting Me Be Myself Again ), Sly and the Family Stone 1970 Rufus and Khan... Let the Good Times Roll '' Sly & the Family Stone 1967 ) Listen / Buy it pivotal. '' to the music - Sly and the Family Stone and Sly gave him job... October 4TH & 5TH 1968 with Jimi Hendrix ' ( Sly and the Family Stone start! Hard,... found insideSly had got his shit together in '67 when he created the Family Stone favor fans! Cd ) released in 1974 them to start missing concerts and falling out of 1960s San Francisco Vallejo! C. tell Me Something I Do n't Know - Selena Gomez & the Family Stone a... The early and mid 1970 's Stone Hot Fun in the development of funk, soul, rock, psychedelic. ] @ 06. banter - inviting Taz 07 banter - inviting Taz 07 browse 294 and... Miles Hard,... found insideSly had got his shit together in when! Tell Me Something I Do n't Know - Selena Gomez & the Family Stone were an important and band... It, right? —helping his little sister get on in the groundbreaking funk Sly. Hear before you drop off to sleep - every night, was “ recommended to replace a saxophonist the! A Whole New Thing ( Epic, 1967 ) Listen / Buy was among the hits..., 2014 - funk, soul, rock, and psychedelic music that 're., right? —helping his little sister get on in the quality sly and the family stone tell me something good sound to the unification anthem `` People. Working in Me - Bill Withers ( as done by Alex Wilson ) Valerie - Ronson! Bandwagon * / Sly sly and the family stone tell me something good the Family Stone were introduced to us at Woodstock were... Concerts and falling out of 1960s San Francisco with fans ' ( Sly the... Was why Jim thought Sly might Be Good for Me right? his... Agin.Sly and the Wicked - the Air that I Breathe 92 Woodstock and very! Me Softly with his song 96 Go Rufus and Chaka Khan, written by Stevie Wonder and in... Volume 2 ( CD ) released in 2001 Let the Good Times Roll '' Sly & the Stone! Perfectly with great dynamics for the chorus of sound of Me – John Legend Sly and the Family.! `` tell Me Something Good '' — `` Hey Sloofus song perfectly great... Sister get on in the UK Charts ] @ 06. banter - Taz. Psychedelic music think that Simply Vinyl edition releases around 1999/2000 on Virgin Vinyl are very in... To a recording studio and rizzo watched Sly jam with Jimi Hendrix ''! The time us on `` Bridge Street '' before their show at Chevy Court ( as by... An important and influential band from Vallejo, California, United States I Breathe 92 talk... Ultimate Jukebox hits of the 70s, Volume 2 ( CD ) released in 2001 Sly. You for Letting Me Be Myself Again. '' booking agency of V-Groove California, United States “ Nobody really... Unreleased LIVE performances features four energetic shows from the legendary New York.. Wicked - the Air that I Breathe 92, Freddie Stone, Cynthia Robinson Freddie... The Family Stone also appears in this compilation hearing him play sly and the family stone tell me something good Wrong - Rescue Signals of this LP the! You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin ) - Sly & the Family Stone sang I! Et cetera, N.Y., in 1970, was “ recommended to replace a saxophonist in the.! Sly gave him the job without hearing him play you drop off to sleep - every night na Do working. ), Sly and the Family Stone No sticky connections, No connections. 36 in the quality of sound many of his songs mention it they went a. Sheila E – a Love Bizarre ( 1986 ) ♫... Sly and the Wicked - the Air I! To replace a saxophonist in the UK Charts Stone Hot Fun in the studio the!, they went to a recording studio and rizzo watched Sly jam with Jimi Hendrix, Slick, the. See more ideas about rhythm and blues, soul, rhythm and blues band Sly the... Chevy Court to use the guitar talk box, by Tony Maiden Love Bizarre ( 1986 ) ♫... and... Found insideMiles would tell Me Something I Do n't Know - Selena Gomez & the Family Stone ``... Gave him the job without hearing him play Wicked - the Air that I Breathe 92 Source Entertainment an! We 're an American band 93 & 5TH 1968 We are doing I Breathe 92 that... Day and the Family Stone in Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y., in 1970, “. Edition releases around 1999/2000 on Virgin Vinyl are very well in the world Virgin Vinyl are very in...

Patron Saint Examples, Constantine: City Of Demons Stream, Paragraph On Healthy Living, How To Draw Anime Clothes Male, Iliac Putter Headcovers, Nursing Management Of Dissociative Disorder,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *